Durango, CO USDA Loans
What is a USDA Loan?
The USDA housing guaranteed loan program is a 100% residential mortgage intended for rural areas in the United States such as Durango. The purpose of the program is to encourage home ownership in rural areas with lower populations.
Great news! The City of Durango is considered a rural area and is eligible for USDA financing! Eligible zip codes are 81301, 81302 and 81303. An example of a Durango eligible property is below.
What are the Benefits of a USDA loan?
• 100% Zero Money Down Loans. Don’t need down payment assistance.
• Very Competitive Interest Rates. More competitive than conventional Loans.
• Backed and Secured by the Federal Government.
• Low Monthly Mortgage Insurance Compared to FHA or other Conventional Loans.
• Purchase and Refinance. Buy a new home or refinance your current home.
• Fixed secured loans – 30 year or 15 year fixed rate loans.
How to Qualify for a USDA Loan?
• USDA loans do have income limits even though hey are fairly lenient. The income limits are based on individual Counties. Durango, CO is located in La Plata County so household income needs to stay below these limits.
$90,300 Maximum Yearly Income for 1-4 person household
$119,200 Maximum Yearly Income for 5+ person household
• Credit Score must be 580+. No exceptions to this rule. We use the middle score of all borrowers applying for the mortgage. If you are unsure of what your credit score is, please reach out to us and we can access your credit report together.
• Must occupy the home as your primary residence. Cannot be used for investment property.
• Minimum Loan Amount $50,000 / No maximum Loan Amount – This means you can purchase any home above $50,000 as long as your income allows it.
USDA Eligible Properties
• Single Family Homes
• New construction
• HUD approved Condos
• Town homes
• HUD approved Manufactured homes / Must be on a permanent foundation
• No land loans. Must have a property in place.
Why Choose us as your USDA lender?
• We DO NOT sell your information to a million other lenders. We are an actual lender who originates USDA loans in Durango, CO.
• Low Mortgage Rates. We have some of the most competitive mortgage rates in the State.
• Limited Closing Costs. We do not charge origination or junk fees.
• We go down to a 580 credit scores where most lenders require 620.
• Even though USDA is 100% financing, we still need to deal with closing costs. Closing costs can be covered by the seller but in some cases the seller will refuse. We have the ability to give you a lender credit to pay for some or all your closing costs. This is done by giving you a lender credit in return for a slightly higher interest rate.
• We’re a local Denver lender who is familiar with State guidelines and mortgage programs. We only originate loans in the State of Colorado.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like to get pre-approved. We do not have any application or credit report fees. Get pre-approved in less than 24 hours!
Eligibility External Links
Use the links below to see if you’re eligible for a USDA loan. You can also contact us and we can assist you with your questions and guide you through the process.